Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weight Loss Throwdown and Burgers

Mike has received some interest from others that would like to join in on our weekly weight loss challenge. I would also like to extend that challenge. If you have a pound or two you would like to shed, join us. It helps to have some competition and trash talk is really fun!

The official rules are in his post at this link Weightloss Throwdown . Besides helping you get in shape, lose some of that extra baggage, and feel great, it will also help in the fight for cancer! As you will see in his blog, if you are not the weight loss king/queen of the week you will be required (have the privilege) to donate to LizzyLou's Livestrong page to benefit cancer research. Your donation should be somewhere in the range of $5 - $15 depending on how badly you feel you got beat.

The official invitational begins this Friday, March 6, 2009. Of course Cycle Guy and I are still on for this week and have not had a very good start. You see...

Our younger boy is a bit of lets say, a selective eater. He tried his first hamburger last week and found a new passion. Sunday while he and Cycle-Guy were out on a drive together Cycle-Guy described all of the different fast food joints and what made their burgers great. Sam's new ambition in life is to try them all and decide for himself if the Whopper really is the best burger in town.


So Cycle Guy sprang for Carl's Jr. last night. I told myself all day that I would have something healthy, but alas the call of the burger was just too loud and I answered with exuberance. It was delicious and I enjoyed it. I guess I'll just have to stick to spinach smoothies and granola the rest of the week.


10 comments:

Mike J said...

You didn't mention anything about the chili cheese fries that we also had. Yummmmm.... They were good.

Jenny-Jenny said...

I guess we won't mention which member of the family made sure they all got eaten?

Dawn said...

I'm sitting here laughing! It is so fun! I don't know which one I like best!

JoLyn said...

You guys crack me up! What would you say if I told you that chili fries are fat free?!

Kim said...

You are a bunch of fatties! Chili fries and hamburgers when you're on a diet? What do you normally eat? Haha. I can't believe Sam doesn't like burgers- they are the greatest invention ever. I crave one almost every day! And the Whopper really is THE BEST. Nothing beats that flame-broiled flavor, but make sure there's plenty of mayo and cheese. Yum-o! Make sure he tries In-N-Out if you ever take a road trip to Cali. Jenny, just take some fiber, and it'll all flush right out :) I find that greasy foods tend to help with that too... maybe you guys really are on to something...

Jenny-Jenny said...

Chili Fries are fat free?!?

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

spinach smoothies? YUCK-O! Granola is good though. I can't believe Sam didn't eat burgers til now! WOW! How can you live in America and not?

everydayMOM said...

Hi Jenny, thanks for stopping by and thanks for your comments! Oh my gosh, I love the fact that your readers feel free to say "you are a bunch of fatties!" here! That is so hilarious! Sounds like something we would say in MY family! =]

Di said...

First, Thanks for you comment the other day. I really liked that verse. Second, I really love this extension of the challenge. Seriously considering joining in. But please tell me you are kidding on the spinach smoothie!!!!

Jenny-Jenny said...

Hi Di, no the spinach smoothie is for real. You should join the contest! It's going to be fun. I think I will post the recipe, you may be surprised! Even picky Sam likes it!